Click to Copy
arcadewars.net

Official Introduction & Minor Changes

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Reece, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reece

Reece Novice Gamer

Ratings:
    +5
    [​IMG]

Hello, ArcadeWars!
    My name, as I'm sure most of you know by now, is Reece. I'm the new manager that was brought onto the network by both @Evergreen and @Serayne92. Overall, the transition was smooth, and I went right to work learning about the staff team, the network as a whole, and what this network needs. As such, I've been trying to talk with a multitude of players, and staff alike to get their opinions, and concerns with the network as a whole and its future.

However, this is about who I am, and what I will be doing; so I'll be focusing on the more important parts for right now. I'm going to be mainly focusing on Factions, but that doesn't mean that I can't be on Skyblock, nor does it mean that Ever cannot assist in Factions. For all intensive purposes, we're going to be managing the entire network together. However, my job is to open a direct line of communication with the players who know far more about factions than Management could; and have them assist us in various ways. For more about myself, I enjoy being given the opportunity to nurture a network, and assisting it grow into something greater than it was when I arrived. I'd consider myself adept in my abilities of community, and staff management.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no beginner to server management, and I'm no beginner to factions. I've managed various other networks, some of them much smaller than this, but some of them much larger. I've never left a network in a worse state than I've started with it. However, some users have taken to "testing" my knowledge on factions. I was never a "hardcore" factions player, but I know enough from what people have taught me to manage a factions network, and listen to the community to know what direction the server needs to go in. I'm an extremely forward person, so I have no problem saying that I am not as adept in factions as I am in management; however, I know when, where, and how to get assistance from highly knowledgeable players who can assist me in making factions what it used to be. I've already had the chance to talk with a few members of this community, and get to know what it's like here better.

In the coming days, I'm going to be asking the factions community about major issues, changes, and other content-type changes that they'd like to suggest directly to management. Again, Ever and I are going to be working together, and bouncing ideas off of the community, each other, and the staff team to ensure that we get the future right.
    [​IMG]
    Some minor, but much needed changes.
    With the above, @Evergreen and I have been working on some much needed changes on the forums. A lot of these may change again in the future depending on the community reaction, but these are all things that, in the end; Ever and I are both pleased with. Expect some more forums-based changes in the near, and far future. There are other things that we'd like to tweak, and change, from official posts, to the forum nodes.

We've gone ahead and changed the following. Please remember that some of these were larger changes than others, but others are very small and nearly unnoticeable.
    User Titles have been given a bit of a facelift.
    User Trophies were reworked. Go no life some more for posts!
    User Banners no longer wrap around the userbar.
    The light green theme was darkened.
    Staff Prefixes were changed.
    Server-Specific Permissions were fixed and tweaked to correct a few issues.
    Staff Application Guidelines were changed to reflect what we look for more accurately.

I'm looking forward to working with both the staff team, as well as the player base more closely in the near future. It's been a fantastic 24 hours, and I hope that I can bring something truly great to this network.

Stay tuned,
    Reece.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LukeBen

LukeBen Champion

Ratings:
    +250
    Faction:
    CrossFire
  3. Messaginq

Messaginq Administrator
    Admin

Ratings:
    +77
    Messaginq
  4. Hackedninja13

Hackedninja13 Aspiring Gamer

Ratings:
    +27
  5. Im0GPromise

Im0GPromise Gamer

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome Hope You Have A Great Stay @Reece And Like The Community

6. Devine__

Devine__ Novice Gamer

Ratings:
    +0
    This is gonne be great!

7. Tectoxic

Tectoxic Active Player

Ratings:
    +22
  8. Zombie

Zombie Gamer

Ratings:
    +1
    I like this guy already

9. Nico

Nico Gamer

Ratings:
    +10
    Nice!
    Hey reece ;')

10. Spalsh_likewater

Spalsh_likewater Prospecting Gamer

Ratings:
    +10
    Faction:
    Wanted
    mans chill i got r e s p e c c for you

11. Joggs

Joggs Aspiring Gamer

Ratings:
    +50
    Faction:
    Brazil
  12. Im0GPromise

Im0GPromise Gamer

Ratings:
    +0
    Jogs where did Lucid go they still on Maple?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.