Click to Copy
arcadewars.net

The Skyblock Unofficial Beginners Guide 1/3 (Version 2)

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by _xDonuts, Aug 7, 2019.

1. _xDonuts

_xDonuts Gamer

Ratings:
    +16
    Hey all,

For those of you who didn't know, I used to make beginner guides for Sonic about a year ago, and since a bunch of mechanics have changed (plus the posts were deleted), I thought I would create an unofficial beginners guide to help all of you new players out!

Joining Sonic:

To begin, when you first join sonic, you should see the spawn and then your menu:​
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.32.52 PM-min (1).png

The Menu:
    First, we need to explore the menu, as it is extremely important in the future.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.32.52 PM 2.png

I'll make this quick since there is a lot to cover:
    General Information:
    Row 1: IGN (i.e _xDonuts)
    Row 2: Balance ($). You typically start off with $1,000 which will be utilized later in the guide.
    Row 3: Shards (©). You start off with zero, although these act as a different kind of currency useful in the late game.
    Island Statistics:
    Row 1: Island name (i.e My Island)
    Row 2: Island levels (i.e 1000). These are used to win cash prizes, as the top three highest island levels get a cash prize and buy-craft credits every week!
    Row 3: Island Members. You can invite island members using /is invite [player-name-here] (without the brackets). If you want people to join your island, you should make a recruitment thread here on the forums, or you could just play with friends.

Vote Party:
    Row 1:
    Displays how many people have voted using /vote. When the number of votes reaches 100, there is a sell boost, which isn't too useful. I recommend voting for the crate keys and money, as we will utilize voting in the beginning of creating the island.

Creating Your Island:
    In order to create an island, you must type in /is, which brings up another menu that should look like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.55.50 PM.png
    I recommend clicking the pickaxe icon, which is a simple island. This will make cleanup to design your island a lot easier.

The Island:
    Once you have created your island, you should spawn in a 6x7 area that looks like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.59.44 PM.png You don't want to do anything with your island just yet, as you should claim your free daily kit. In order to do this, you must type in /kit, and you should see a chest at the top of the menu. Once you click that, you should have an inventory that looks like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.03.17 PM.png
    Now that you have tools, it's time to work on your island!

Starter Farms:
    DISCLAIMER: Since these are all recommendations, you can choose to do just one, or maybe all of them!

Cobblestone Generator 1:
    This Generator will only be used for shards, which is a currency constantly earned by the level of the job you are currently performing (explained below). If you want to make money or earn island levels, please use the second version.
    As ArcadeWars has a lot of special plugins, the first thing you want to do before creating the cobblestone generator is to type in /jobs. A menu should pop up that looks like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.06.33 PM.png
    You should click the pickaxe icon entitled "Miner". This will help in generating shards (mentioned briefly) for the future!

In the starter chest, there should be two blocks of ice and one lava bucket. You should use all of the materials when building this cobblestone generator. Now, in order to get experience for your mining job, the cobblestone generator needs to be set up in a specific way. Using the cobblestone you got from your kit, you should build a 3 block high wall (as big as you want) with a one block gap full of air. It should look like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.14.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.14.50 PM.png
    I made a 2x3 area as that's all 2 ice blocks and a lava bucket can create.

Next, you want to put the two ice blocks on the bottom area and break them, it should look like this: Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.19.56 PM.png

Then place lava on the top row and....
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.21.24 PM.png

BOOM! You've got a working cobblestone generator which occasionally generates ores!

FARMS TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 2

I ran out of space for pictures, so I'll create a part two tomorrow involving the second cobblestone generator, sugarcane and cacti farms.

Signing out for now,
    _xDonuts

EDIT: Too busy to post today, might post a second part within a week or two.

#1 _xDonuts, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2